Lung Function TestingYour Lungs are located in your chest and they allow your body to take in oxygen from the air. They also aid in the process to remove carbon dioxide from your body.
A Lung functioning Test can also be referred to as a Pulmonary function test The purpose of the test is to determine how well your lungs work and is used to look for the cause of many breathing problems such as shortness of breath.
The test will determine:
- How much air that you take into your lungs, this is tested against what someone of your age, height and sex can take in. This will determine if yours is normal.
- It will also look at how fast you can blow the air out of your lungs
- The test will look at the ability of the lungs to deliver oxygen to your blood
- And finally it will determine the strength of your breathing muscles
- Valuable in assisting in diagnosis of many lung conditions such as asthma and C.O.P.D.
- Helps in assessing lung damage from cigarette smoking.
- All tests include appointment with a doctor to assist you.
If you are experiencing breathing problems, please contact a member of the team today for an appointment.