24 Hour Blood PressureAccurate blood pressure readings are essential as they will dictate a medication treatment regime you may be on for life!
What happens during 24-hour blood pressure monitoring?
The machine is very small and can be worn on a belt on your waist and the cuff can be worn on your upper arm for the whole 24 hours. The 24 hour blood pressure machine takes regular readings throughout the day, this is normally every 15 to 30 minutes in the day time and 30 to 60 minutes at night. At night the machine can be left under your pillow or on the bed while you sleep.
The test is used to check your blood pressure throughout the whole day and during your normal routine. It is therefore very important to carry on with your normal routine and do as you would normally do. Please ensure that you avoid swimming or bathing while the monitor is on.
At the end of the 24 hours you can remove the machine and cuff and give it back to the clinic. The machine will have all your readings stored and these will then be analysed
- The monitor machine is small handy and discrete
- When wearing the monitor you should go about your day as normal
- When the machine starts a recording you should be seated at that time, if possible
The 24 Hour Blood Pressure Test
- Reduces “white coat “ hypertension /blood pressure – ie. Elevated blood pressure during examination due to anxiety or nervousness
- Gives a more true to life accurate set of readings
- Day and night time assessment
- Highly recommended by current international standards
If you require additional information on the 24 hour blood pressure test, please contact us today.