STI ScreenA STI is an infection that is contracted from one person to another through sexual intercourse (vaginal, oral or anal).
Sexually transmitted infections are often silent and without symptoms especially in males.
Their long term effect can be serious and include infertility in most females. Sexually transmitted disease is on the increase again and it is vital to your well-being to get checked regularly for any sexual transmitted diseases. .
STI Screen is often requested for
- Peace of mind
- On entering new relationship
- After at risk sexual behaviour
At The Keogh Practice we provide full and comprehensive screening tests for STI’s. We can provide clients a certificate of clearance upon request. Depending on diagnosis the treatment is often a simple course of antibiotics to clear the infection and prevent the infection from spreading.A male or female doctor is available on request in the clinic.
Specifically We Test For
We also provide a range of treatments such as:
- Genital warts
- Including Cryotherapy and Salycilic Acid
A Sexual Health Screen will involve
- A urine sample will be took from the patient, this tests for Chlamydia and Gonorrhoea
- A blood sample will also be taken, this test for H.I.V, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C.
What are the symptoms of an STI?
- Vaginal/penile discharge
- Genital lumps
- Pain on passing urine/other urinary symptoms
- Genital sores or ulcers
- Pelvic pain
- Itching in the pubic/genital area
For more information or to book a confidential appointment, contact us today.